Herbalife's Nutrition Advisory Board Science
Our Nutrition Advisory Board consists of distinguished scientists and doctors. Here are some of the experts that guide the research and development of products which also help to establish quality standards for our products and weight control.
Louis Ignarro, Ph.D Nóbel Laureate
•1998 Nobel Laureate in Medicine.
•Distinguished Professor of Pharmacology at the UCLA School of Medicine*.
•Recipient of the 1998 Basic Research Prize of the American Heart Associatio..
David Heber, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.N.
•Chairman of Herbalife’s Scientific Advisory Board and Nutrition Advisory Board.
•Professor, UCLA Department of Medicine*.
•Director, UCLA Center for Human Nutrition*.
•Director, UCLA Clinical Nutrition Research Unit*.
Steve Henig, Ph.D.
Chief Scientific Officer
• In charge of all scientific research efforts on behalf of Herbalife.
• Spearheaded the establishment of the Herbalife Product and Science Center.
• Oversees Herbalife product research and development, leading to new product launches.
• Prior board member of the International Life SciencesInstitute (ILSI).
Luigi Gratton, M.D., M.P.H.
Vice President, Medical Affairsand Education
• Awarded Diplomate of The American Board of Family Practice and The American Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists.
• Physician specialist in Family Medicine; Clinical Physician at the UCLA Center for Human Nutrition in the Risk
Janice E. Thompson Ph.D.
• Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs:
• 20 years experience in natural product development and executive management positions in research and development Ancile Pharmaceuticals, Phanamex, Affymax Research Institute and the National Cancer Institute.
Kim Krumhar Ph.D., CNS
• Vice President, New Technologies Group Herbalife Medical Affairs.
• Ph.D. Nutritional Sciences;
• M.S. Food Science and Technology;
• B.S. in Biological Sciences.
• Certified Nutrition Specialist;
Julián Álvarez García, m.D., ph.D.
Specialist in Physical Education and Sports Medicine, Sports Advisor, Spanish Triathlon Federation, Spanish Team Mountain Biking, Spain.
Belong Cho, m.D.
Professor, Research College of Medicine, Seoul National University, National University Centre for Health Education, Seoul, Korea.
Jean de la Tullaye, m.D.
Associate Professor of Nutrition, Food and Health, University of Montpellier, member of several scientific committees associated with the Department of Agriculture and Food Security, Food, Quality and Public Investment in Research on Nutrition.
Marion Flechtner-mors, ph.D.
Director of Clinical Research in Nutrition and Obesity, University of Ulm, Germany.
Laszlo Halmy, m.D., ph.D., D.mSci.
Private consultation; Research in Areas of Human Metabolism, Nutrition, Obesity and Hypertension, Hungary.
Patricio Kenny, m.D.
Associate Professor in Pediatric GI and Nutrition, Director, Center for Pediatric / Adolescent / Adult Gl and Nutrition Disease in the British Hospital of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Ali Kocailik, m.D.
Associate Professor, Medical Center of Trakya University, Turkey.
Alla Pogozheva, m.D.
Professor and Director of Clinical Nutrition, Department of Cardiovascular Pathology Institute of the Russian Academy of Science and Medicine Research, Russia.
Ralph Rogers, m.D., ph.D.
Specialist in sports, musculoskeletal medicine and Exercise Physiology, Research Fellow, University of Wolverhampton, UK.
Nikolaos Sitaras, m.D., ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Medical School of Athens, Member of Administrative Council, EOF, Greece.
Ryuzaburo Tanino, m.D.
Professor and Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery and School of Medicine, Tokai University, Japan.
Nataniel Viuniski, m.D.
Pediatrician and Expert on Nutrition Advisor, Ministry of Health and Education, Brazil.
Yoshio Yoshimoto, m.D.
Honorary Director, Hyogo University, Council of Japan, Japan Endocrine Society, Japan.
Pierre Zelissen, m.D., ph.D.
Professor, Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Utrecht, Council Member, Dutch Association for the Study of Obesity.